Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Encounter With Walter, Part 2

OK, so yesterday I told you about my wonderful encounter with Walter. Well there is more to the story. In fact there is a second story that he shared with me and I am now going to share it with you.

Walter went on to say that he was coming out of church one Sunday and saw a young woman that he had not spoken to before. So, in classic Walter style, he approached the young woman and said:

"Good morning! How are you today?"

The young lady smiled and responded: "I'm fine, how about you?"

Walter responded: "I am having a wonderful day!"

To which the young lady responded: "You know I have been coming to this church for some time now and you are the first person who has taken the time to speak with me."

Walter said he smiled and replied: "And so have many people have you initiated a conversation with."

Walter continued that a "knowing" recognition came over the young lady's face and as they parted ways he noticed that she had approached another couple and had began a conversation.

Sometimes in life we are so busy waiting for someone else to do something that nothing ever happens. If we want to see change in the world or just in our own lives we have to be willing to take the first step to make it happen. Yeah, it can be scary to be the first to initiate something but you have to work through the fear. Who knows you may get to have a highly spiritual experience like I had with Walter.

Thanks Walter for adding such a positive experience to my life!

No comments: