Monday, August 25, 2008

Thankful for my health!

I have not been posting lately because I have been under the weather and it is at times like these that I am so grateful for my health. That may sound starnge coming from someone who is currently not 100% healthy but you have to understand that I rarely am under the weather.

So, when I am not feeling the best, it is when I reflect on all the times, about 99.9% of which that I am the epitome of health. It also causes me to pause and think of all those who are fighting for their lives or have to deal with chonic illness and/or pain. Those that are dealing with those things and remain positive are truly inspirational.

So today I ask. How do you handle it when you are not feeling well? I for one continue to focus on the positive and do everything in my power to help my body to heal and I know that it helps me to heal and reduces both the severity and length of the illness.

I also go inward and reflect on what I may have done to bring about the sickness. If I cannot pin point anything, then I just focus on what I need to learn from the experience and do my best to take in the lesson.

I know that everytime I have had an illness or injury that there was something to learn from it. Maybe I am just being told that I need to slow down and rest. Maybe, it's just that I was doing things that caused me to catch a virus or I was not doing things to avoid it.

Whatever it is, you can use these events to grow both spiritually and personally. Nothing like a good illness and/or injury to make you catch up on your rest or that pile of books you have been meaning to read.

My wish for everyone is that you lead healthy and happy lives.

Until next time.

May you be blessed always and in all ways!

Harry

No comments: