Monday, September 22, 2008

A Book Review, "Zero Limits" by Dr. Joe Vitale & Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len

Before I begin the review I do have to say that not having electricity for a little over four days last week, while not allowing me the opportunity to work at my home office, certainly provided time for me to catch up on my reading and one of the books I read was "Zero Limits". Reading that book has been some of the most productive time I have spent in a long, long time.

I have read literally hundreds of self-help, philosophy, spiritual and religious books but before I read "Zero Limits, " by Dr. Joe Vitale and Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len, master teacher of the updated Ho’oponopono system, I had never heard of the Hawaiian Ho'oponopono system.

I was not too far into the book when I filled with both intrigue and some frustration. I was so intrigued that I did not put the book down until I finished it. It took me about three hours to complete it but what I learned will be with me for a lifetime.

Even though I had always knew and practiced that I could not change anyone else, I had always thought that I could at least influence their decisions with my training and guidance. I was not prepared to hear that whatever I encountered in my life was a lesson for something I had to clear from myself, not them. Sure, I know that everything I encounter is a mirror unto myself, I just never had it put to me so eloquently and simply.

Dr. Len is truly an outstanding and wise teacher and Dr. Vitale brings this method to the masses with such integrity and love. I am now practicing Ho'opnonpono everyday and looking for a workshop by Dr. Len where I can experience more of this wonderful system.

One of the most beautiful things about the system is it's relative simplicity. Dr. Len says that he is constantly clearing and that by working on himself he sees changes happen around him. What does he do to "clear" himself and what is the basics of Ho'oponopono. These four statements that you repeat silently to yourself.

1. I love you.
2. I'm sorry.
3. Please forgive me.
4. Thank you.

That's it. This is what Dr. Len did to successfully treat patients locked up in a prison ward for the criminally insane without even seeing them. All he did was read their files and used the system to clear himself. The rest as they say is history.

I highly recommend you get this book and expose yourself to this beautiful system for self improvement.

That's all for today!

Blessings!

Harry

No comments: