Monday, October 27, 2008

Fun!


I was talking to my brother and asked him what he thought I should blog about today. I had several ideas in mind but just thought I would get his thoughts. And so he comes up with one word, FUN! On the surface not all that helpful really, but let's have FUN with it.

"It's kind of FUN to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Before we can really get into this topic, I believe we need to define FUN. I could get the Webster's definition but what would be the FUN in that? No, I will present my own definition of FUN. It is, my humble opinion, that FUN is a state of mind. FUN can be had anywhere at anytime. There is no need for anything for anyone to have FUN. FUN just is. Of course what I consider to be FUN, will not be FUN for all. FUN after all is a personal thing.

"There is no such thing as "fun for the whole family"." - Jerry Seinfeld

Even though I must admit, it can be easier to have FUN with FUN things in FUN places but once again not necessary to having FUN. No....one can have FUN sitting all alone in an empty room, if you think FUN! And remember that a FUNdamental (I just could not resist) truth is that when you are having FUN you are joyful, which is important for your mental, physical and spiritual well being. Are you having FUN yet?

"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more FUN?" - Katherine Graham

Now, I will readily admit that FUN is a good topic but then I thought in what context should I write about FUN? Having FUN? Doing FUN things? How about living a "FUN" life? Then it hit me. Make it an acronym. That'll be FUN!

FUN - Finding Uniqueness Naturally

or

FUN - Feeling Unusually Naughty

or

FUN - Flowing Undisturbed Normally

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the FUN." - Katherine Hepburn

Now, I am sure that those of you reading this can come up with some fun acronyms of your own and share them with me in a comment. Wouldn't that be FUN? I think it would be great FUN!

"Getting there isn't half the FUN, it's all the FUN." - Robert Townsend

So, please, let's have some FUN with FUN and let me know your FUN comments. Now wasn't that FUN?

That's all the FUN for today.

May you blessed always and in all ways!

Harry

No comments: