Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Glow Project for Women

http://www.glowproject.org
One of my favorite things in life to do is empower women. It is one of my passions because I know how critical it is to the very survival of our world. I also know that there are not enough men in this world who are actively empowering women and that is a tragedy of epic proportions. As further evidence and testament of the wisdom of women, I will be offering quotes from some of the most influential women of all time.

"My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment." - Oprah Winfrey

For way too long, we have been a patriarchal society, dominated by male energies and suppressing female energies. The imbalance of these two energies has been the root cause for so many of our social ills. I am not advocating a return to a matriarchal society as that imbalance is not right either. The balance and harmony of these two energies will bring in the dawning of a new era of peace, compassion, love, tolerance and acceptance and must be pursued with all vigor.
"Regret is an appalling waste of energy, you can't build on it; it's only good for wallowing in." - Katherine Mansfield


I have learned first hand the power of women from my Mom. When her marriage to my father was finally coming an inevitable end, she was determined that for the first time in our lives, we would own our own home. The whole time my parents were married, my father refused to buy a house but rather chose to rent and spend much of his money on alcohol. My Mom wanted us to have a place we could call home and on her small salary as a school secretary and many second jobs, she was able to buy a house. As a single parent, she struggled to pay the bills but she always provided for her children, often going without herself. However, there was never ever a lack of love. She had to assume both roles of Mother and Father and did so with courage, determination and grace. I will never ever be able to repay her for all that she has done for me but I can pay it forward.

"Success means that we go to sleep at night knowing that our talents and abilities were used in a way that served others." - Marianne Williamson

So, to honor my Mom, I encourage all women and the men who support them to go to http://www.glowproject.org/ and learn more about "The most inspiring movie ever created for women!" It is through things like The Glow Project and E-women Network (http://www.ewomennetwork.com/index.html) that this new era will be ushered in. And not a moment too soon!

"I believe that we are solely responsible for our choices, and we have to accept the consequences of every deed, word, and thought throughout our lifetime." --Elisabeth Kubler-Ross


That's all for today!

May you be blessed always and in all ways!

Harry

No comments: